Skip to content
Our Community IT Drop-in, 2020
Every Monday afternoon is an IT drop-in afternoon – 2 to 5 pm as usual
- The drop-in is a weekly grassroots event offering digital beginners and learners help and support with phones, tablets, laptops — and understanding the Internet so that we can use it safely and sensibly.
- And of course, it’s a social event – so people who have no interest at all in digital technology are very welcome.
- We have been quite busy for the last few weeks, but we always have space for a few more people.
Run entirely by older people
- The drop-in is a free community asset run by local older people, for everyone.
- We have no age limits. Current age range is 4 to 91 (though most are 60+).
We do not recognise borough boundaries.
- No targets. No questionnaires. No remote-control management. Nobody is a client. Everybody is an asset. Everybody can be a contributor.
- All you have to do is come – and then hit the buzzer next to the front door.
You can use the large Meeting Room, best for …
- Fast wifi connections.
- Use our community laptops.
- Or bring your own device (laptop, tablet, phone.
- Do anything you want to do, online or offline.
You can use the smaller IT Room with desktop computers, best for …
- Job search, applications, CVs, etc
- Claiming benefits
- Online forms of all kinds
- Learning word-processing and other applications
- Online courses
- Anything else you need to do
- Every Monday afternoon, 2 to 5 pm
- Whitmore Community Centre, 2-4 Phillipp St, N1 5NU