Two workshops in September
1. Bowel Cancer Awareness
Friday 21 September, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Join us to learn more about bowel cancer and how it develops.
- 9 out of 10 people survive early stage bowel cancer if spotted early.
- The session will be highly interactive and you are free to ask lots of questions.
Click for ALL the details about the Bowel Cancer workshop
2. Smokefree Hackney information workshop
Friday 28 September, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Are you thinking of quitting for Stoptober?
- Would you like advice on how to support a family member or friend to stop smoking?
Click for ALL the details about the Smokefree workshop
Where and how
- Both workshops will be at 1C Mentmore Terrace, E8 3DQ
- If you would like to attend, please contact CCS admin on 020 8533 0951 or email email@example.com to book a place
Hackney elders sharing how they keep themselves physically and mentally fit. Part 1 of a longer session.
The voices belong to: Andreas, Janette, Maralyn, Margaret, Paula, Peter and Sallie.
Recorded 28 August 2018 in St Mary’s Secret Garden. 34 minutes.
Nicky Branch, energy advisor at SHINE, is talking to Hackney elders about the range of free energy-related services available to disadvantaged Hackney residents.
The voices belong to: Bob, Marylin, Megan, Mimi, Nicky, Sallie and Sheila. Five other people were part of the discussion, but are not heard on this episode.
Recorded 15 June 2018. 33 minutes.
About Hackney Shine
From their own website …
Hackney SHINE energy advice has been set up to help residents keep well and warm throughout the year and avoid cold-related conditions during winter and anxiety over paying the fuel bills, which can lead to ill health, extra visits to the GP and hospital admissions.
How to contact Hackney SHINE
The NHS commissioning group is holding a consultation meeting on 26th June 2018 at Amnesty International Human Rights Centre 17-25 New Inn Yard, Shoreditch EC2 3EJ (near Shoreditch town hall) from 16:30-20:00hours.
It is important that you attend and hear about any cuts or changes to older peoples services, as well as giving your opinion.
To attend you need to contact 0208 816 3222 or register online at www.cityandhackneyletstalk.eventbrite.co.uk
Paula Yassine, manager of St. Mary’s Secret Garden, leads a conversation about gardening and wellbeing.
The voices belong to: Dane, Megan, Paula, Rick, Sallie. Six other people were part of the discussion, but are not heard on this episode.
Recorded 1 June 2018. 38 minutes.