Reloaded – Monday afternoons in the Curve Garden, 2 pm
Fresh people, fresh voices, fresh thoughts
We are revising our Hello Hackney podcast format to make it more inclusive.
Following what we talked about at the last Monday afternoon event, two weeks ago, we propose …
- The podcast group will not have exclusive use of the Pineapple House – we like to have other people around us, so we can draw them into the conversation (if they want to) – fresh people, fresh voices, fresh thoughts, every week.
- We will drop the structured podcast format, and replace it with open-ended spontaneous conversation with whoever happens to be in the Pineapple House.
- We won’t have a pre-arranged theme unless we have a guest who can get a good conversation started.
- We will rename it Hello Hackney Grassroots Radio – but it won’t be live. Instead we will put the minimally-edited recording on our internet radio server – on the following day, presented as-though live. This format has worked for us in the past. Sound quality won’t be as good, but it will be much easier to get the results online quickly, instead of adding to the podcast editing backlog (several weeks at the moment).
- The podcast episodes will be less frequent, maybe monthly, constructed from the longer recordings.
Where is Dalston Eastern Curve Garden?
- Address: 13 Dalston Lane, E8 3DF
- Tap for the map!
- It’s almost opposite the library in Dalston Lane — next to the Peace Mural landmark.
- Nearest station is Dalston Junction.
- Close to bus stops in Dalston Lane and Kingsland Road.
Hello Hackney 50+ IT drop-in
- Venue: Whitmore Community Centre, 2-4 Phillip St, N1 5NU
- Days & times: Every Friday afternoon, 2 to 5 pm.
Tap the button for more details about the drop-in …
Friday afternoon drop-in information
How did you get here?
You probably tapped on a link in one of our SMS text messages. We send these text messages only to people who have consented to receive them, and to certain other people who have shown a specific interest in what we do.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, and our SMS text messages will stop immediately. Please ask a helper at one of our sessions, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or reply to our SMS text message with the word STOP.