Our next podcast session — Did you come to this country on a boat?
Tuesday 14 August, 2 to 4 pm, St Mary’s Secret Garden
Did you come on a boat (any boat)? What can you remember about the journey? We have heard some great stories about the actual ocean journey from the Caribbean, and the ports you might have visited on the way. Tell us what happened on the boat, what you did, where the boat went, about friendships formed, lives changed — whatever has stuck in your mind.
We are inviting people who can remember that trip to share their story. The presenter will be Newton Dunbar.
Although the garden is large, seating for the podcast session is limited and we have space only for people with boat stories — but if you come with a boat story, we will find a place for you.
Where is the Secret Garden?
- Address: 50 Pearson St, E2 8EL
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/Sdk25uBSZ272
- It’s at the end of Pearson St, on the corner with Appleby St — a short walk from Kingsland Rd — not far from Whitmore Community Centre, even closer to the Geffrye Museum.
- Nearest station is Hoxton. Bus stops: St Leonards Hospital or Geffrye Museum.
Tap the button for more details about the next podcast…
Did you come to this country on a boat?
Hello Hackney 50+ IT drop-in
- Venue: Whitmore Community Centre, 2-4 Phillip St, N1 5NU
- Days & times: Every Wednesday morning, 10 am to 1 pm
Tap the button for more details about the drop-in…
Wednesday morning drop-in information
How did you get here?
You probably tapped on a link in one of our SMS text messages. We send these text messages only to people who have consented to receive them — by adding their phone number to our data consent form with a signature.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, and our SMS text messages will stop immediately. Please ask a helper at one of our sessions, or send an email to email@example.com