Useful things to know about Hello Hackney IT drop-in and podcast
Have you got a phone, tablet, or any other digital gadget that you don’t quite understand?
We can fix it at our weekly drop-in.
Discover new ways to use your phone or tablet.
Our drop-in workshops will help you become more creative and more independent
Do you need help understanding the Internet?
What's good? What's safe? What isn't?
Learn how to use it safely and sensibly with us
Learn and share with other people like you.
Our long experience shows that
it's the best way to learn.
Learning about new technology should be a community activity - not isolated learning at home. We help each other at the IT drop-in.
The Hackney IT drop-in is a co-designed grassroots project - developing a successful digital and social inclusion model for more than 12 years
We have an outstanding volunteer team of older people with more than 100 years of Internet experience between them - supplemented by teams of enthusiastic younger professionals.
You might be excited by the Internet, you might be confused or irritated - but if you have already had a life without digital technology, the IT drop-in is where you should be.
COVID-19 — permanently suspended at Whitmore Community Centre
15 March 2020: it doesn’t matter now that the Internet service at Whitmore Community Centre has failed. We cannot resume anywhere until the COVID-19 crisis is over.
6 March 2020: What we thought would be a brief interruption now looks like a major obstacle. There has been no Internet access since the end of January. It will be restored eventually, but we don’t know when. Meanwhile we can develop our activities elsewhere, and signpost you to other possibilities that we discover.
How to contact us
IT Dropin contact
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – 07761 887927
Hello Hackney pop-up podcast
- Listen on the web: podcast.hellohackney.net
- Contact email address: email@example.com
Hello Hackney social media
- Twitter: @HelloHackney
Where and when
IT drop-in venue
Whitmore Community Centre, 2-4 Phillipp St, N1 5NU
- The building is close to the Kingsland Road end of Phillipp Street.
- Nearest station is Haggerston. Hoxton station is also close.
- Buses: 149, 242, 243, 394
- Click on this link to go to a Google map for Whitmore Community Centre
IT drop-in days and times
Every Monday afternoon, 2 to 5 pm.
The drop-in blog (you are looking at it now)
The main website (our shop window)
- hellohackney.net (we are rebuilding it, so not much to see at the moment)
What you can do
How we protect your privacy on this website
- This website does not collect or use personal data from our users.
- This website does not set cookies for people who have not logged in.
Management & funding
- The IT Drop-in at Whitmore Community Centre was assisted for more than 18 months by funding from Connect Hackney. During that period (until 25 July 2018), the project was managed by City & Hackney Carers’ Centre.
- Since June 2019, we have been partially supported by Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing Association.