Useful things to know about Hello Hackney 50+ drop-in and podcast
Have you got a phone, tablet, or any other digital gadget that you don’t quite understand?
We can fix it at our weekly drop-in.
Discover new ways to use your phone or tablet.
Our drop-in workshops will help you become more creative and more independent
Do you need help understanding the Internet?
What's good? What's safe? What isn't?
Learn how to use it safely and sensibly with us
Learn and share with other older people.
Our long experience shows that
it's the best way to learn.
Learning about new technology should be a community activity - not isolated learning at home. We help each other at the 50+ IT drop-in.
The Hackney 50+ IT drop-in is a co-designed grassroots project - developing a successful digital inclusion model for more than 12 years
We have an outstanding volunteer team of older people with more than 100 years of Internet experience between them - supplemented by teams of enthusiastic younger professionals.
You might be excited by the Internet, you might be confused or irritated - but if you have already had a life without digital technology, the 50+ IT drop-in is where you should be.
Temporarily suspended from Easter 2019
We have suspended the Friday afternoon drop-in — hopefully for a short period — until we have found a way to pay the £100 per week room hire
How to contact us
50+ IT Dropin contact
- Email – email@example.com
Hello Hackney pop-up podcast
- Listen on the web: podcast.hellohackney.net
- Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Hackney social media
- Twitter: @HelloHackney
Where and when
50+ drop-in venue
- Whitmore Community Centre, 2-4 Phillipp St, N1 5NU
- The building is close to the Kingsland Road end of Phillipp Street.
- Nearest station is Haggerston. Hoxton station is also close.
- Buses: 67, 149, 242, 243, 394
- Click on this link to go to a Google map for Whitmore Community Centre
50+ IT drop-in days and times
Every Friday afternoon, 2 to 5 pm.
The drop-in blog (you are looking at it now)
The main website (our shop window)
- hellohackney.net (we are rebuilding it, so not much to see at the moment)
What you can do
How we protect your privacy on this website
- This website does not collect or use personal data from our users.
- This website does not set cookies for people who have not logged in.
Management & funding
- The Hackney 50+ IT Drop-in at Whitmore Community Centre was assisted for more than 18 months by funding from Connect Hackney. During that period (until 25 July 2018), the project was managed by City & Hackney Carers’ Centre — for all older people in this area.
- Right now (January 2019) we have no funding — which is inconvenient, but we don’t let it get in our way.