Useful things to know about Hello Hackney
How to contact us
50+ IT Dropin contact
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Hackney pop-up podcast
- Listen on the web: podcast.hellohackney.net
- Contact email address: email@example.com
Where and when
50+ drop-in venue
- Whitmore Community Centre, 2-4 Phillipp St, N1 5NU
- The building is close to the Kingsland Road end of Phillipp Street.
- Nearest station is Haggerston. Hoxton station is also close.
- Buses: 67, 149, 242, 243, 394
- Click on this link to go to a Google map for Whitmore Community Centre
50+ IT drop-in days and times
- Every Wednesday morning, 10 am to 1 pm.
Hello Hackney podcast base
- St. Mary’s Secret Garden, 50 Pearson St, E2 8EL
- It’s at the end of Pearson St, on the corner with Appleby St – a short walk from Kingsland Rd – not far from Whitmore Community Centre, even closer to the Geffrye Museum.
- The nearest station is Hoxton.
- Bus stops: St Leonards Hospital or Geffrye Museum
- Click on this link to go to a Google map for St Mary’s Secret Garden
Hello Hackney pop-up podcast days and times
- The Garden is a pop-up base, not a drop-in venue. We will be there often, but not necessarily every week.
- But when we are at the Secret Garden, it will be Tuesday afternoons from 2 pm.
The drop-in blog (you are looking at it now)
The main website (our shop window)
- hellohackney.net (we are rebuilding it, so not much to see at the moment)
What you can do
How we protect your privacy on this website
- This website does not collect or use personal data from our users. In fact, we collect no data of any kind.
- This website does not set cookies for people who have not logged in.
- If you have logged in, the site has set a temporary session cookie that keeps you logged in. When you log out, the temporary cookie disappears.
- All user accounts on this site have been created by us — and only for people we have met. External visitors cannot create their own accounts. There is nothing for a hacker to hack.
- Your login display name is probably the same as your real name — but you can change it yourself, or ask us to do it for you.
- Your login email address is a dummy (ie- it doesn’t exist).
- We monitor your blog posts to ensure that you do not inadvertently divulge private information.
Management & funding
The Hackney 50+ IT Drop-in was kept alive for more than 18 months by funding from Connect Hackney. During that period (until 25 July 2018), the project was managed by City & Hackney Carers’ Centre — for all older people in this area.