Can’t see the photo or profile image you uploaded?
We have probably hidden it!
You are not the only one.
We are not taking any chances with the GDPR. Our image consent form applies only to this blog site — nowhere else — but we need your signature, even for photos of yourself that you uploaded yourself.
We can get this done in one minute! Please ask Rick, Sallie or Tom for the form.
On 21st of May I had one off the best days of my life. My family came with me to Headcorn airfield to see me jump out of a plane.
i would love you to feel the rush it gives you, and if I could afford it I wouldd be there every week as it is so good fun. My family think that I am mad, as I do drag racing and go-carting, having fun in my life.
Hackney elders talking about how their friends, family and neighbours cope with loneliness – and how they would cope with it themselves.
The voices belong to: Andreas, Dane, Elizabeth, Irene, JohnJ, JohnW, Ken, Mark, Pauline and Stephen.
Recorded 27 April 2018. 25 minutes.
Hackney elders talking about personal and community happiness.
The voices belong to: Andreas, Calmeta, Cornelia, Evelyn, Irene, Megan, Rhonda, Rick, Sallie, Wadley.
Recorded 29 March 2018. 40 minutes.
Hyacinth is watching British Sign Language alphabet on YouTube.
Do you help …
… a family member, partner, friend or a neighbour with any of the following because they can’t manage on their own?
Do you …
- Take them to appointments or collect their prescriptions?
- Cook for them or help them to shop?
- Keep them company or phone them during the day to check that they are ok?
- Help them to wash or dress?
- Help them get up in the morning or go to bed at night?
- Help them with their housework or laundry?
- Remind them to take their medication?
- Help them to fill in forms such as benefit applications?
If you do any of the above …
… you are probably a carer and could get support and services from Carers Are The Bedrock such as –
- Carers needs assessments
- Benefits advice advocacy
- Support groups
- Counselling & coaching
- Training and workshops
- Social activities
- Befriending and volunteering
To find out more …
- Call the Carers Coordination Service on 020 8533 0951
- Open hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm