Hyacinth is watching British Sign Language alphabet on YouTube.
Do you help …
… a family member, partner, friend or a neighbour with any of the following because they can’t manage on their own?
Do you …
- Take them to appointments or collect their prescriptions?
- Cook for them or help them to shop?
- Keep them company or phone them during the day to check that they are ok?
- Help them to wash or dress?
- Help them get up in the morning or go to bed at night?
- Help them with their housework or laundry?
- Remind them to take their medication?
- Help them to fill in forms such as benefit applications?
If you do any of the above …
… you are probably a carer and could get support and services from Carers Are The Bedrock such as –
- Carers needs assessments
- Benefits advice advocacy
- Support groups
- Counselling & coaching
- Training and workshops
- Social activities
- Befriending and volunteering
To find out more …
- Call the Carers Coordination Service on 020 8533 0951
- Open hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Over a million older people in the UK are always or often lonely, some go for months without seeing friends or family. Visiting an older person as part of your weekly run can make a huge difference to their life.
We call the older people we visit coaches because they help motivate us to run and they share their wisdom. It’s amazing what you can learn from your coach. Coach runs can be fit around your schedule and don’t need to take up more than 20 minutes of your time per week.