Hackney and TFL want to change Stoke Newington High Street, to make it both ways working including two cycle lanes. It would also make Rectory Road and Manse Road both way working including the 67 Bus route down these roads.
This will effect ALL the bus routes and car, lorry etc transport to and from Dalston, KIngsland Road etc.
There is a meeting today at the Methodist Church at 3pm on Stoke Newington High Street to discuss the plan with residents, but it does not seem to have been well published.
As the High Street is part of the A10 in and out of the City of London.
There is also three road closures and changes to the direction of traffic flows in the local streets which might create rat-runs.
Please attend, even if it is only to get information on the proposed changes!
SOCOM for short
Definition: Skype groups set up by people who feel socially isolated to have a chat with similar others.
Non encumbered by advertising, interruptions or public.
A Private group with a public purpose, groups members have to be invited on to the group.
Background: Communication has been proved beneficial by test groups, but I cannot find anywhere that has set up the idea of encouraging the use of them to reduce social isolation. This is the biggest problem for carers.
1. You need a permanent platform, i.e., somewhere to sit and chat privately.
2. You need an email address as well as Skype, to set up an ID and communicate outside the Skype group to set up times to chat etc. Please be able to respond to emails within a reasonable time.
3. You need a Skype account, which is free if you operate from Broadband or WiFi. Mobile accounts will charge you for the data you use (which is considerable).
4. The software is free. It is available for Apple and Android as well as Linux and Windows PC.
5. You need someone to act as the “Host”, to make sure the other members can connect to each other.
6. Skype is a video conversation so you will need a camera on the computer you use.
7. The rest of the rules is up to you.
Anyone interested in setting one up should contact Stephen Adams at email@example.com
Music is very soothing when you listen to it. It is powerful, music alone shall never die, all other things shall perish under the sky and break with our tears. When we are alone when our love ones have gone music helps and brings back good memories.
When mother rise a blessing no matter where you go you never miss your mother’s love until she’s buried beneath the clay.