A special event for Hackney’s over 50’s
A message from the Speaker of Hackney …
Sunday 7th October, 1pm – 4pm,
Hackney Town Hall – Assembly Rooms
Sunday 7th October is Silver Sunday and events will be taking place across the UK to celebrate older people.
We are inviting Hackney’s over 50’s to join us for a sing-a-long event at Hackney Town Hall. There will be a performance by the Hackney Empire Community Choir and plenty of opportunity for everyone to join in and sing a mix of songs together.
The event is free to Hackney residents aged over 50 (tickets are available for carers of any age) and there will also be refreshments, goodie bags and a raffle.
To book tickets, contact Eda on 020 8356 3591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Two workshops in September
1. Bowel Cancer Awareness
Friday 21 September, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Join us to learn more about bowel cancer and how it develops.
- 9 out of 10 people survive early stage bowel cancer if spotted early.
- The session will be highly interactive and you are free to ask lots of questions.
Click for ALL the details about the Bowel Cancer workshop
2. Smokefree Hackney information workshop
Friday 28 September, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Are you thinking of quitting for Stoptober?
- Would you like advice on how to support a family member or friend to stop smoking?
Click for ALL the details about the Smokefree workshop
Where and how
- Both workshops will be at 1C Mentmore Terrace, E8 3DQ
- If you would like to attend, please contact CCS admin on 020 8533 0951 or email email@example.com to book a place
Do you help …
… a family member, partner, friend or a neighbour with any of the following because they can’t manage on their own?
Do you …
- Take them to appointments or collect their prescriptions?
- Cook for them or help them to shop?
- Keep them company or phone them during the day to check that they are ok?
- Help them to wash or dress?
- Help them get up in the morning or go to bed at night?
- Help them with their housework or laundry?
- Remind them to take their medication?
- Help them to fill in forms such as benefit applications?
If you do any of the above …
… you are probably a carer and could get support and services from Carers Are The Bedrock such as –
- Carers needs assessments
- Benefits advice advocacy
- Support groups
- Counselling & coaching
- Training and workshops
- Social activities
- Befriending and volunteering
To find out more …
- Call the Carers Coordination Service on 020 8533 0951
- Open hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Carers are the bedrock
Stalls, workshops, info, know your rights!
- When: Wednesday 22 November 2017, 9:15 am to 3:30 pm
- Where: Tomlinson Centre, Queensbridge Road, E8 3ND
- Contact: 020 8533 0951 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the link below to read the flyer …