Is this the solution to your photo storage problem?
The first of a new series of Agewell Mobile workshops
How can I manage thousands of photos, and how do I get them off my phone?
Google Photos is Google’s considerable foothold in this particular world of digital confusion. It’s an app that works on all devices. It offers free and unlimited cloud storage for all your photos and videos. It automates the upload from your device to the cloud storage area. It helps you organise your photo collection, and it helps you share it with your friends – or keep it as a private library.
It’s surprisingly easy, so at the workshop we will all install the app, upload some photos (which we will provide), and admire our results and how Google has organised them.
Does Google really love us as much as that? Is there a catch?
There are certainly some issues that can’t be ignored. We can talk about those at the workshop.
What about other ways to store and organise our photos and videos?
We have plenty of choices – but few, if any, are as convenient as Google Photos. We can examine them at the workshop. For example …
- Cloud storage that is not free.
- Transferring your photos to an external hard drive.
Where and when?
- Whitmore Community Centre, 2-4 Phillipp St, N1 5NU
Monday 21 October, 2 to 5 pm (the door will be open at 1:30 pm).
How to get on the workshop or ask a question
- You can just turn up on Monday afternoon (just before 2 pm).
- Better – because we have only 15 places – tell us you are coming. Phone / text 07761 887927 – or email firstname.lastname@example.org