- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the contact name that you’d like to add a photo for.
- Tap on the Edit button in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap on Add Photo.
- Either take a new photo or tap on Choose Photo to open your Camera Roll to pick an existing one.
- Find the photo you’d like to use for your contact in your Camera Roll.
- Position the photo like you want it and tap on Choose at the bottom when you’re done.
- Tap Done on the contact card to save your changes.
- Pick the Phone app, Pick the contacts icon
- Choose EDIT and tap the blank photo space in the upper left corner.
- Press USE CAMERA or GALLERY to add the picture.
- Adjust the photo in the square to correctly crop the picture.
- Press DONE to save the changes.
- The contacts photo will appear in contacts and phone book against the phone number.