Getting extra support from your energy supplier
If you find it hard to deal with your energy supply, you might be able to sign up to the Priority Services Register (PSR). This gets you extra support from your energy supplier.
You’ll need to contact your energy network and fill in a signup form. Your energy network is the company that manages the electricity meters in your area, not the company you get bills from.
You can register for priority services if your energy network considers you ‘vulnerable’. This can apply to lots of different situations – for example if you:
- are disabled or seriously ill
- are recovering from an injury
- have mental health problems
- don’t speak or read English well
- have children under 5 or are pregnant
- have reached your State Pension age
The Citizens Advice page has more information and a form to help you understand what extra support is available.